knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Southern Hospitality-- Waffle House Style!

Labor Day weekend and the livin' is queasy!

My man and I headed out for breakfast at the local Waffle House, the Starbucks of restaurants in the south. You get the same breakfast every time no matter which WH you visit. It's like a diner. The entertainment value alone is worth the $2.98 breakfast sets you back.

It's claim to fame is, of course, waffles. I'm not a waffle gal, so I ordered their second best menu item: Hashbrowns! They come scattered, smattered, chopped, whopped, cropped, beaten and bronzed just to name a few options ... I have no idea what most of those mean, but I ordered mine scattered, chopped, chunked & peppered. It was hashbrown heaven! After dumping a bowl of grits onto my scrambled eggs and eating that concoction on white bread (I forwent the grape jelly) I ploughed into my spuds. Now this is NOT the South Beach diet I so strictly adhere to. This is the Girl-You-In-The-South-Now-Honey diet. It's a part of All-Carb Sundays that six days of eating like a good girl gets you. We live for All-Carb Sundays. "On the Seventh Day, God ate potatoes."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

I love all carb sundays, and I loooove potatoes!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I love you, potato blossom!!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home