knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blurbing vs. Blogging


To say it's been a while since I've blogged is rather an understatement. I can only plead insanity based on Facebook, and make a vow to return to the purity of blogging.
Facebook is cloying; it's the Reader's Digest of communications. A simple and fast read in lieu of anything deeper and more meaningful. I'm not ashamed to say I've enjoyed it very much-- indeed, if it weren't for facebook I wouldn't have found many of my old friends and enjoyed being in touch with them over the past year!
But I also miss the deliberate outpouring of myself that blogging allows. Lately I've been surfing the blog sites of other crafters, moms, and artists, and thinking, "Dang! I need to do this again!" and do it with more consistency. I've got some great stuff going on in my life and I want you all to see it...
So, I'm going to keep my camera handy, and I'm going to write about what I'm doing and why it makes me so happy to do it!
And, yes, I'll still be on facebook. But it's time to get back to chapter books about life, and not just blurbs.
Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home