knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Monday, March 29, 2010

Yard Sale Treasures!

I'm so excited that spring is here... last week began the first wave of yard sales, and there was treasure, treasure everywhere!

This 1950's doll house is in perfect condition; and each room is so sweetly decorated I almost wish I could live here myself. I've always had a 'thing' for dolls... in fact, I'm making a new batch of them this week to sell at the farmer's markets with Bob's sheds. His work is primitive and rustic, so my dolls will be too. I don't think you're ever to old to play with dolls...
Another of my weaknesses is dishes--at one time
in my life I owned eight sets--which led to this little indiscretion....
I certainly don't need any more dishes, but oh my goodness, these were soooo darling! There's an entire place setting for six, including delicate cups & saucers, a cream & sugar set, and a tea-pot, all in this sweet Pussy Willow design, made in Japan and quite vintage! I can't wait to have a lovely hutch someday to show them off! It makes me want to have a tea party and invite you over for finger sandwiches!



These are some beautiful tulips that Emily sent me from Holland when she was there with YWAM. I only wish she was here to enjoy them with me now!
I don't think I ever imagined I'd be at this place in my life right now and my kids wouldn't be right down the road...
Miss those little guys!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home