knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Foundations...


So, we're building a house.


Owning a home is the American Dream, right? We would have been happy to buy a house, but this little beauty came along as a 'pre-sell', meaning the builder will begin his masterpiece as soon as someone agrees to pay for it. It was love at first site (get it?) and now our foundation has been poured and framing begins next week!
We're pretty excited. It's here on the island, on a wooded lane, just ten minutes from my little seafood job. It's a drive down the island and a ferry ride for the man, but he says it's worth that small sacrifice to have the island-style quality of life to come home to.
We get to choose colors and cabinets and carpets, oh my! It will be done the end of July and not a moment too soon. Our things have been in storage since December and I'm rather eager to see them all again in our new house.
It's our New Life... from the ground up. I'll keep you posted.
Ah, and on that note, I need to update you on my running! I've shaved my running time to just over ten minutes per mile... it was twelve minutes when I got here, with those killer hills and all! Our half-marathon is just a couple months away and I think it will be better than I'd anticipated. 13.1 miles... I'd love to run it in 131 minutes, but I'll listen to my body and we'll see how we do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

mommy! Im so excited for you! I cant wait to come "home" and visit you, have a cup of tea at the table,sit on your new couch and watch some LOST, and just hang out! I cant wait to see how well you do in the race, Im very excited for you! I love you and will talk to you soon, Lots of love Dianna

6:13 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Di said...

Julie we are so happy for you and hubby.
Congrats on the house, how exciting.
~d. and family

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home