knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Running and running and running...

This is a typical view around our Island.

So I signed up for the Seattle Seafair Half-Marathon coming up in July. My man and I are going to run it together. He's skeptical, but I'm already running 6 mile stretches, so what's another seven point two miles? It's very exciting to think about.

Running here is a great challenge, albeit a do-able challenge. The hills are the kicker. When I ran in Florida, it was long flat stretches with an occasional rolling hill tossed in for variety. Here, however, it's nothing but hills! I run a mile and a half downhill to the stop sign, then whip out my ropes and carabiners, chalk my hands and prepare for the grueling run back home! I'll have to get a photo and prove I'm not exaggerating.



But here's the clincher: I do it. It took me a few weeks to make it without having to stop on the middle of the hill for an oxygen break, but the first time I made it all the way back home without stopping, I knew I could do anything.



So I'm going to plan my attack on this half-marathon and run my way to a personal best at the ripe young age of 46. I'll let you all know how I'm progressing.




2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

You rock, running girl! I am in awe -- that hill is a killer.

Love the picture of the ferry. Home (sigh). It's the sky, too, that gets me. We're still enjoying various shades of Kaohsiung Grey here (that's an alliteration, for those of you who thought Kaohsiung started with a K sound). Really looking forward to "air you can't see" this summer.

Love you!
Sister

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a blogspot! I finally did it! But I can't figure out a few things. How do I add people (like friends or whatever...you, Aunt Kate, Dianna, etc.) and how do I post pictures?
I posted my first blog as an intro...but need a little help. :)
Love and miss you!!!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home