knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Quiet Season

Blogs have evolved since I first began mine back in 2006. In the facebook culture we've all been groomed to 'keep up' with each other in quick bites, not full portions.

Our attention spans have been shortened. We scan the page, checking to see if anything captures our ever-shrinking span of interest.

But part of the joy of Lent for me-- Lent being those 40-days leading up to Easter-- is the quest for simplicity, for quietude. Living with intention and mindfulness.

So I'm leaving facebook for a while, and I think I will miss it terribly and be terribly thankful it's gone all at the same time.

One of the reasons I love it is because both my grown children live thousands of miles away from me and I like to keep up with their day to day-ness. I also love sharing photos of what I'm up to with them, and my other friends. I adore seeing what everyone is up to as well. But oh! the rabbit holes that take me in! A 'quick check' of facebook or pinterest and I resurface an hour later wondering where the time went!

I'm not a facebook fiend-- I only have about 65 'friends', and I can honestly say that I care about all those people! But I do like to share things with you all-- facebook is the introvert's answer to being a socialite!

Bear with me for these next six weeks while I enjoy some time away from the venues that rob me of time I could be spending in contemplative living. I want to make time to read, to do hand-crafts, to rest, to pray. I want to turn things off for a while and sit in the lovely silence.

I'm blogging again so I can share my life more intentionally with you.

I wish you all a lovely journey to Easter! Check back again soon for a visit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam G-O said...

Mmmmm....
Lovely, I feel my self slowing down just enjoying your post.
Lent well dear one.
:)P

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home