knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Crazy Day at the LYS

I worked by myself Tuesday at Unwind. The morning started off fairly steady, but for some reason every woman through the door was a crocheter, and a back-woods hick to boot!

Two of them came in together and judging from their twang and their vocabulary they were right off the set of Deliverance. They were crabby. Their only comment on the new and beautiful store was "oh it's all changed 'round". They complained at the lack of crochet books, so I dug out every single booklet I could find on afghans for them-- 15 in all. Not a bad selection, really, since ALL CROCHET AFGHANS ARE ALIKE. Geez.

They took those to the table and proceeded to comment on each afghan. Apparently they had made all of them at some point or another in their crabby little lives and each one had a story. Here's my favorite:

"Ah made this'n fer Louella's baby and she took'n gave it away!"
"Nah!'
"S'True!"
"Hmph."
"An' you done made this'n fer Purdy, dinya?"
"Yup. But she din' 'preciate it none. Wisht I'd ne'er g'in it to 'er"
"Wull, go take it back! Don't matter if'n it is yer sister 'n-law, slap the bitch down!"


I wish I was making this up. I truly do. They then went on to talk about how much better the prices were at Wal-mart & JoAnn's, and finally left their mess of books on the table and mosied out without so much as a kiss my a**.

Hope they find what they're looking for... it's tough when your family tree doesn't fork.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Bahaahaahaa..ye git wat ye pay fer...If'n I wuz you, Ida dun the same dern thang..some peoples kids...I had that a while ago, I spent about 45 minutes with this lady picking out her yarn for a blanket that she didnt want to spend alot of money on but she wanted it to look nice, Encore was too expensive, and she finally decided on Debbie bliss Baby DK which is 9.50 a ball..( I dont git it) anyways so the yarn was all nice and neatly stacked up and she wanted the baby blue which ofcourse was all the way on the bottom of the pile, she was going to pull them out but had she done that the whole yarn cubical would definetly have exploded so I quicky interjected a mess waiting to happen and told Id get them out for her, she needed 8 balls. 1o minutes later and a very nice looking cubicle later I had them all, then she complained they werent perfectly wrapped and when I was pulling out # 8 my co worker came out with another bag of Debbie Bliss in it and said there was more here if i didnt have enough there...I walked to the counter with this meanie headed lady, barely having any patience left, she walks back and shoves all the blue yarn back in the cube, other colors are falling out, Im almost crying slash fuming mad, she has the nerve to walk back to the counter with the bag of unopened Debbie Bliss, and decides she wants the nicely wrapped stuff as opposed to the messy yarn, which by the way looked like a normal ball of yarn...Iyiyiiii...some people have some nerve...by the way the costomer is not always right!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Trill said...

Well, ya know, there's really no better yarn for your money than Redheart. Holds up FOREVER. And it comes in such GREAT colors. Not like the dreg in the shop. Oh, and it's so soft. So very soft. I think I'll cuddle up with a skein now... oh look, my face is bleeding.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home