knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Monday, February 11, 2008

"Something Unpredictable, but in the end it's right...

... I hope you had the time of your life. " -- Greenday
Funny how GreenDay was once one of those bands I frowned upon and how now I can so appreciate their talent.
Well, I'm moving. I have found a great little place on the water here on the Island. The kitchen windows look right out onto a small marina and ducks swim between the docks. Lapping water peacefully lulls one's thoughts, joining the water's gentle movements. Every room in the house looks out on something beautiful.
I'm living with a friend from work. I don't have much money of my own, and this friend has been gracious enough to take the bulk of the living expenses. I'm looking for a second job. Right now my hours are minimal, due to the slow winter months at the store. Jobs here are hard to come by in winter. I've applied at a local nursery... I think it would be lovely to be around flowers all the time.
This house represents the first real place I've had in about four months, so I'm really excited. It was hard to go into the old house and box things up, but it's part of the process. I'm going ahead with the divorce. I know that many of you don't understand, but it's time.
I have failed my marriage in more ways than I can enumerate, but I'm forgiving myself, moving closer to God than ever, and trusting that the people who love me most will also forgive me. I haven't meant to hurt anyone. I have been hurting for many years, and this is how I am choosing to end that pain.
I don't know what the future will hold, but I know I feel very hopeful and happy. I used to look at Christian couples who divorced and think, "How in the world??????" But no one can live anyone else's life.
I love you all. I will accept your pain. Please accept the pain that I have lived with too.
Thank you.
PS Sarah, what is your email address!? I'm so happy to hear from you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy! You're BITW!
I know things are hard but you have always been so strong with everything. It will work out, one way or another.
I love you and miss you! Thank you for everything you've put into me being where I am today (physically and emotionally, etc.)...I obviously wouldn't be me without you.
We're emailing more, right??
:)
I love you. From Israel. And anywhere I might ever be.
<3 CBD

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Di said...

J, you will forever have my heart, remember me telling you that?
I am so sorry for the pain you had/have and you and your family are in my prayers.
Peace to you,
d

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home