knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So much technology...

... so little understanding.

So I'm on Facebook now. If you're over 25 you've probably never heard of it. I have children who are under 25 so I'm in luck. Not that you might be missing anything, but personally I finally got to see my grandbaby (in tummy-o) by visiting Dianna's 'facebook'. It's a site full of people's 'walls'. You can write on their walls. You can 'poke' them. You can leave them messages. You can 'tag' them or yourself in pictures. It's virtual. That's all anyone really needs to know.

So here's my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=738085639 Does that mean I'm the seven-hundred-thirty-eighth million and some-odd person to sign up? I feel absolutely cutting edge!

No running for the past six days. Shin splints. Or in today's correct vernacular: Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome. (It was only a matter of time before some type of stress overtook me.) Shin splints by any other name still means the same thing: No running for a while.

Four weeks to race day and I"m grounded. Ugh. But I'm going to play it smart and not over-do. My last long-run was 12 miles and I will be able to pull off 13.1 even if I don't run much between now and then. I am going to run my race. I am going to finish my race. I am not going to give up.

And everything else is about the same... house is good. Kids are good. My man is good. Life is good.

Now where's my icepack??

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Im glad to hear that the kids are good, and that life is good! I am so excited for you that you will be running those 13 miles!And am praying that you will be back on your legs sooner than you are "allowed"...I am really glad to see you got on facebook! Blogs seem to be becoming a thing of a few peoples pasts, but I just updated mine, so you need to check it out and leave a funny note or two on mine! I love you mommy, and you need to call me this week sometime! Lots and lots of love from baby and me, Love Dianna

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy...you're BITW! I tried to call...yesterday or today...but I don't know if you were at work or what. I called and talked to Dad today, but Papa was asleep and Uncle Monte was out. I said I'll call this week and catch up with everyone...before I leave!
Mom...I'm getting so so excited for everything. I've to focus on right here and now or I get too excited about the things that we're going to do. This is me. :P
I love you and miss you every day! Call me when you can soon (tomorrow?) and we'll sort out the few last second things. :)
I LOVE YOU. Can't wait to talk to you.
<3 CBD who is also BITW <3

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home