knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Is it Summer Yet?

Washington is funny this way; Spring is lovely, June is soggy, and then all of a sudden, it's the Fourth of July and everyone realizes "Hey! We'd better get on this Summer Thing!" and everyone dons shorts and sandals and POOF! It's summer. 72-degrees might not seem like summer to you, but doggone it, it's downright blistering to us Islanders. In fact, I overheard a customer at my store complaining that it was "too hot to have the oven on!" as she grabbed one of our rotisserie chickens this week. I wondered how she would fare in Florida this time of year!


Mariner's baseball is the highlight of summer here in the Northwest. My nephew, my sister, Dad and I went to a game a few weeks ago and since they wupped Boston, it was a Real Good Game. We were so close to Ichiro that we could see his little face. We gladly lost our voices rooting for the Home Team. We're goofy like that. Good times. Cole took this shot of us. That's why my sister looks skeptical. She's not skeptical of the game, or of being seen with crazy people like me and my dad. The moose is for Nora, it does not signify that my father has to have a stuffed animal for comfort.



The other sign that summer is half over here and we almost missed it: Our house! It's really coming along and practically done, halelujah! In fact, this is an outdated picture already, since they've already painted inside and outside now and are laying flooring, etc this week. We hope to be into it by the first week of August. Woo Hoo!
We've been 'homeless' for so long now I wonder if I'll even remember half the stuff the movers bring. Looks like we're in for some more major downsizing. No More Clutter! That's my motto for life now.
For those of you keeping up with Emily, she's in Cambodia for a month now with YWAM. She called from Sydney on her 21st birthday to let me sing to her. That's Real Love if you've ever heard me sing-- har har. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she ventures into the culture there to do her thing.
My race is tomorrow... and I'm going to run 13.1 miles even though I haven't run seriously in about 4 weeks. My shins are better, and I paid for the stinkin' t-shirt and I'm going to run. I may kill myself, but I'm doing it. More on that come Monday....

3 Comments:

Blogger Ditsy Di said...

Your house is beautiful! I cannot wait to see the finished product.
Emily is in our prayers. Our daughter goes next Sunday on her first mission trip! yeah.
Go Julie, run run run.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Dianna said...

Yeah Mommy! woot woot!! Call me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! I want to know how you did on your race! AAAAND...all the other juicy stuff if there is any, you made me crack my rib with laughter and nearly "threw up a lemon in my throat" while drinking and reading... apparently not a good combonation for me... well if you ever think about me..think how much I would love to hear your beautiful sooothing mommy voice on the other end..(ahem hint hint..) well your still the BMITW oh and guess what!! Hard core on the sticks again! Kisses Love Me

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dianna said...

oh yeah.. PS the house is gorgeous! and I just noticed there is another post underneath this one I didnt read yet apparently.. so off I go to be entertained once again Im sure, or at least find out what your life has been like lately...Love me and bebe

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home