knittybitty

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Knit, Run, Purl too!


Well, I did it! I ran 13.1 mile and lived to tell about it. I guess what makes me the happiest is finishing the race after not having been able to train for the crucial four weeks leading up to it. I had hoped to finish with a 10-minute mile, and with full training I know I would have been there. Instead I took it slow and smart and finished with an 11-minute mile pace. I was still ahead of half the women in my age group, which gives me great incentive for the next race! I feel pretty good; the course was very hilly with the last half-mile being uphill to the finish line! Yikes! My legs are stiff, and my ankles are a bit crispy, but I did it! Yippee! There's no shortage of marathons and halfs here, so I'll be gearing up for the next one as soon as I get my legs back.




I'm also on the sticks again... There's a grandbaby coming in September and somebody needs to be knitting for him/her! This is a blanket and I'm making it up as I go... kind of like raising kids, right? It's in Berroco's Touche from my stash. Touche makes darling baby stuff; it's cotton with a bit of shine to it. I hope Baby Bean loves it!


And how about this pretty house of ours? This is the painted version, minus the third accent color. I can't wait to see it finished... because that will mean it's time to move in!!

Today I'm making jam. Tayberry Jam, a cross between logan berries and raspberries. It's a beautiful day here in the Northwest, with predictions for 90-degrees. I'm getting in and out of the kitchen early so I can enjoy some sun before heading back to work for the next week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wrote out a comment and it disappeared...but the gist of it was that I love you and miss you and was wondering if you could email me the updated picture of the house when it's painted? The connection is super slow so it wouldn't come up here. And I hope you're doing great at work and wanted to let you know that you're BITW always!!!
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!
Love CBD

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dianna said...

What a sexy house you have! I cant wait to come and visit you! And I have to say, that is the most darling baby blanket I have ever seen in my entire life! I love you most in the world! You are going to be a great gramma! I can just tellmy kids are going to be spoiled!and they arent even here yet! I love you mommy! Love you always! Dianna

6:02 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Di said...

Beautiful home J. Most of all, what an accomplishment with the marathon. What a blessing it is to be able to do this for your body. Keep up the great work!
D

7:39 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Di said...

Jules, I meant to tell you that you have inspired me to start walking again. I am going to do it by golly! Thanks for your inspiration.
D

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home